Nu ești un membru încă? Înregistrează-te acum!
Creează un cont nou  

Citate memorabile

M-am gandit ca ar fi dragut ca pe parcurs ce citim o carte sa postam citatele din cartea respectiva care ne-au atras atentia, care ne-au placut, amuzat, impresionat sau chiar mai mult de atat.

Daca un membru nu citeste in momentul respectiv nimic, poate cita anumite pasaje din carti pe care le-a terminat deja. Nu mai mult de trei carti per post si incercati sa nu fie chiar o postare cat pomelnicul din Postul Pastelui. Puteti reveni asupra cartilor mai incolo.

Ender's Shadow
Orson Scott Card

"On the contrary, I am old enough now to have all the memories of my people locked within my head. I remember things that happened long before I was born. I remember things that never happened at all. I live in memory" - Anton to Sister Carlotta

"The enemy's gate is down..."

Hitch Hiker's guide to Galaxy
Douglas Adams

"Mr. L. Prosser was, as they say, only human. In other words he was a carbon-based life form descended from an ape. More specifically he was forty, fat and shabby and worked for the local council. Curiously enough, though he didn't know it, he was also a direct male-descendant of Genghis Khan, though intervening generations and racial mixing had so juggled with his genes that he had no discernible Mongoloid characteristics, so the only vestiges left in Mr. L. Prosser of a mighty ancestry were a pronounced stoutness about a tum and a predilection for little fur hats."

" 'But the plans were on display...'
'On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.'
'That's the display department.'
'With a torch.'
'Ah, well the lights had probably gone.'
'So had the stairs.'
'But look, you found the notice didn't you?'
'Yes', said Arthur, 'yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying Beware of the Leopard.' - Arthur to Prosser

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
[Imagine: sigforme.png]

probabil n-ai primit niciodata
telegramele mele sau poate
nu credeai ca e vital cand
lumea mea se descompunea
in ceasuri si goluri
de mine

au imbatranit in cadente
si sentimentele mele
sub greutatea
atator vieti netraite...

Clicky

Oh, well, let me see. De regula nu retin citatele, si ... de fiecare data ( DE FIECARE DATÄ‚ ) imi zic ca le voi nota in momentul in care le voi intalni in carte; ca voi nota pasajele care imi plac, pentru a fi sigura ca nu le voi uita. Desigur, niciodata nu fac asta.

Anyway, I have some that I remember, hopefully.

Looking for Alaska, John Green
*Pudge's thoughts: I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not f**k, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain I was drizzle and she hurricane.

*The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive

*Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

*Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were "I go to seek a Great Perhaps." That's why I'm going. So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps.

Nunta in Cer, Mircea Eliade
Femeia ne invita intotdeauna s-o privim asa cum vrea ea...

Eat pray love, Elizabeth Gilbert
I know I'm not some extraordinary beauty but I can't stop loving myself so much.

The Godfather, Mario Puzo
Don Corleone / and after that Michael Corleone as well: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

Tocmai am terminat de citit 'Hitch hiker's guide to Galaxy' selectand pe parcurs cateva fraze. Those I deemed to be worthy of remembering.

Hitch Hiker's guide to Galaxy
Douglas Adams

"Into the interior of the planet! An underground passage. The force of the whale's impact cracked it open, and that's where we have to go. Where no man has trod these five million years, into the very depths of time itself... "

"Life", said Marvin dolefully, "you can loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."

"There are of course many problems connected to life, of which some of the most popular are Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of their intervening time wearing digital watches? "

" 'Simple. I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself in to its external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length and explained my view of the Universe to it', said Marvin.
'And what happened?', pressed Ford.
'It committed suicide', said Marvin and stalked off back to the Heart of Gold."

lumea mea se descompunea
in ceasuri si goluri
de mine

au imbatranit in cadente
si sentimentele mele
sub greutatea
atator vieti netraite...

Clicky

After reading The picture of Dorian Gray, I wrote down some of the phrases I really liked. Desi au fost o multime de replici care m-au fascinat, doar pe unele le-am notat, fiind oarecum absorbita de carte si fiindu-mi putin lene sa le extrag pe toate, le-am luat doar pe acelea care mi-au placut cel mai mult, I suppose.

Lord Henry's lines:
Never marry at all, Dorian. Men marry because they are tired; women, because they are curious: both are disappointed.
Mi s-a parut foarte interesanta bucatica asta, as much as it also can be true, I guess.

But you should not say the greatest romance of your life. You should say the first romance of your life. You will always be loved, and you will always be in love with love.
Fiindu-i aproape caracteristica doar lui Dorian, m-a fascinat, mai ales aluzia "you will always be loved" - cred ca se referea in special la frumusetea lui Dorian. Or so I can suppose.

When we are happy, we are always good, but when we are good, we are not always happy.
Tremendously true, I thought.

"The one charm of the past is that it is the past.
Si fie ca umbrele trecutului sa nu ne fie calauze in prezent. Gosh, e o chestie mult prea intalnita, I can say, dar tot mi-a placut la nebunie.

"Women love us for out defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our intellects. "
Ceea ce mi-a placut aici a fost adevarul cuvintelor lui Lord Henry, a woman in love is absolutely blind, lol. And it's so true and kind of... lovely, in a odd way.

"Each time that one loves is the only time one has ever loved.
Favoritul meu din favorite, I can say. Pentru adevarul frazei si pentru intensitatea cuvintelor, huh.

Lady Gladys's lines.
"Women rule the world. I assure you we can't bear mediocrities.
Cam generalizat, dar mi-a placut.

" We women, as some one says, love with our ears, just as you men love with your eyes, if you ever love at all.
Mi-a placut duritatea cu care a spus cuvintele astea la momentul respectiv * laughs* it was a really nice reply.

Viata ca o prada - Marin Preda

"Inteligenta inseamna adaptare."
"Nu ideile in sine sunt interesante, ci oamenii care le poarta si le traiesc."
"Loviti, oamenii se intuneca, ceva strain pune stapanire pe ei, le spulbera frumusetea privirii, le ia surasul, le chirceste sufletul si le desfigureaza chipul."
"Tineretea ne da adesea aceasta stare de spirit de jubilatiune nemotivata si putin profunda."

Codul lui Da Vinci - Dan Brown

"Ceea ce conteaza cu adevarat este ceea ce crezi tu."
"De ce exista divin si omenesc? Un om nu poate fi divin?"
"Sfera care a cazut din cer si l-a inspirat pe Newton. Inspiratia care a starnit mania bisericii pana in ziua mortii lui. M-Ä‚-R-U-L. Marul."

Liviu Rebreanu

"Uneori simt cu mare luciditate cum mi se scurge in picaturi lente sangele si viata ca sa se transforme in alta viata si alt sange, sa se transfigureze in oameni noi si intr-un univers nou. De multe ori ostenit, extenuat, as vrea sa ma smulg din framantarea asta singuratica, sa beneficiez de bucuriile marunte, banale, dar bucurii ale vietii care trece in ritm din ce in ce mai vertiginos.[...] In fond, poate ca lumea imaginatiei e mai aproape de esenta realitatii decat lumea cea palpabila a realitatii aparente."

Xoxo, Ang.
Angilicious|dA
[Imagine: pikachu___batman_by_mnrart-d58f68d.gif]
Nothing I shoot gets back up again.
Drawings.| Photos.

Oscar Wilde.

„Un pesimist este cineva care, atunci cand trebuie sa aleaga dintre doua rele, le alege pe amandoua."
„Am gusturi simple. Ma multumesc cu ce-i mai bun."
„Sa iti traiesti viata este ceva foarte rar. Majoritatea oamenilor doar exista."
„Crima reprezinta pentru unii ceea ce reprezinta arta pentru noi. O metoda de a dobandi senzatii extraordinare."
„Cine, fiind iubit, este sarac?"

XoXo, Mad Hatter.

Uberwald/ Lorien@edit: Poate ai vrea, mataluta, sa observi ca suntem la sectiunea Carti si sa dai citate corespunzatoare.
[Imagine: tumblr_lvu3z0OC361qkx1cbo1_500_large.gif]
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore

Josh: "Where do you think this guy is leading us? "
Biff: "Probably somewhere where he can murder and kill us."
Josh: "Yeah, at least one of those."

"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs."

Josh: "John's followers will be like babes in the wilderness."
Nathanial: "Thirsty? "
Peter: "Hungry? "
Thomas: "Horny? "
Biff: "No you dumb fucks! Lost! They’ll be lost! Geez…"

"I'm thinking of being a professional mourner. How hard can it be? Tear at your hair, sing a dirge or two, take the rest of the week off."

lumea mea se descompunea
in ceasuri si goluri
de mine

au imbatranit in cadente
si sentimentele mele
sub greutatea
atator vieti netraite...

Clicky

Catcher in the rye ( JD Salinger )
"œWho wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody. "œ

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around--nobody big, I mean--except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff--I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be. I know it's crazy."

„It's hopeless, anyway. If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the "f**k you" signs in the world. It's impossible."

„That's the whole trouble. You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "f**k you" right under your nose."

"I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "f**k you." I'm positive, in fact."

'The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.'"
(its like a quote in quote lol, its actually a quote by a psychoanalyst named Wilhelm Stekel that i found in this certain book and i liked )

Joia dulce ( John Steinbeck )
Poate ca ce vreau eu nu exista, dar cred atat de mult in asta incat trebuie sa existe. Vreau sa fie un om adevarat, si chiar daca este aspru vreau sa aiba intotdeauna o portita deschisa spre inima lui. Vreau sa nu aiba incredere in nimeni, ci numai in mine. Mai vreau sa aiba nevoie de mine. Trebuie sa fie un barbat care, daca nu ma are pe mine, nu are nimic. Si-ti jur ca, daca ma are pe mine, va avea totul.
( Actually this is a Suzy's line )

Me again.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

„Aveam, in sfarsit, parte de viata reala, cu inima la adapost si condamnat sa mor de dragoste adevarata in agonia fericita a oricarei zile dupa ce aveam sa implinesc o suta de ani."

„Un prieten adevarat te prinde de mana si iti atinge inima."

„Memoria inimii evita amintirile dezagreabile, exaltandu-le numai pe cele placute, artificiu gratie caruia reusim sa ne suportam trecutul."

„In fiecare minut in care inchid ochii, pierd 60 de secunde de lumina."

„Nu plange pentru ca s-a terminat, zambeste pentru ca s-a petrecut."

„Doar pentru ca cineva nu te iubeste asa cum vrei tu, nu inseamna ca nu te iubeste cu toata fiinta sa."

„Nu te iubesc pentru ceea ce esti, ci pentru ceea ce sunt atunci cand sunt cu tine."

Agatha Christie.

„An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her."

„But surely for everything you have to love you have to pay some price."

„Curious things, habits. People themselves never knew they had them."

„Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend."

„Everything that has existed, lingers in the Eternity."

„Evil is not something superhuman, it's something less than human."

„It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story."
[Imagine: tumblr_lvu3z0OC361qkx1cbo1_500_large.gif]
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Notre Dame de Paris, Victor Hugo
nu pun citatele in franceza aiurea, ci pentru ca citesc cartea in lb. franceza and lol isi pierd frumusetea daca stau acum sa le traduc.

Le temps est aveugle, l'homme est stupide. ( era un citat in latina pe care l-a tradus asa Monsieur Victor Hugo, i've no idea who said it though, i wasn't paying attention to that sort of a detail, my bad )

- Et tu me jures que tu ne lui as pas touche?
- A qui? dit Gringoire, e la chevre?
- Non, e cette femme.
- A ma femme! Je vous jure que non.

( discutie intre Gringoire si Claude Frollo

- Oh miserable! Qui etes-vous? Que vous ai-je fait? Vous me haissez donc bien? Helas! Qu'avez-vous contre moi?
- Je t'aime! cria le pretre
( ... ) Elle le regarda avec un regard d'idiot. Lui etait tombe e genoux et la couvait d'un oeil de flamme.
- Entends-tu? Je t'aime! cria-t-il encore.
- Quel amour! Dit la malhereuse en fremissant.
Il reprit: - L'amour d'un damne.

( Claude Frollo si La Esmeralda )

Un jour, j'etais appuye e la fentre de ma cellule... - Quel livre lisais-je donc? Oh! Tout cela est un turbillion dans ma tete. - Je lisais. La fenetre donnait sur une place. J'entends un bruit de tambour et de musique: Fache d'etre ainsi trouble dans ma reverie, jre regarde dans la place. Ce que je vis, il y en avait d'autres que moi qui le voyaient, et pourtant ce n'etait pas un spectacle fait pour les yuex humains. Le au milieu du pave, - il etait midi, - un grand soleil, une creature dansait (...) Helas! Jeune fille, c'etait toi. Surpris, envire, charme, je me laissai aller e te regarder. Je te regarderai tant que tout e coup je frisonnai d'epouvante, je sentis que le sort me saissait.

Tout e coup, tu te mis e chanter. Que pouvais je faire, miserable? Ton chant etait plus charmant encore que ta danse.

Oui, e dater de ce jour il y est en moi un homme que je ne connaissais pas (...) Sais-tu, jeune fille, ce que je voyais toujours desormais entre le livre et moi? Toi, ton ombre, l'image de l'apparition lumineuse qui avait un jour traverse l'espace devant moi.

Je te cherchai. Je te revis. Malheur! Quand je tes vue deux fois; je voulus te voir mille, je voulus te voir toujours.

( Claude Frollo to La Esmeralda )

Si tu savais ce que c'est mon amour pour toi! c'est du fou, du plomb fondu, mille conteaux dans mon coeur
( Claude Frollo)

Il faut mourir, la belle, ou etre moi! etre au pretre! etre e l'apostat! etre e l'asassin! des cette nuit, entends-tu cela? allons! de la joie! allons! baise-moi, folle! La tombe ou mon lit!

( Claude Frollo)

Je te dis que je suis e mon Phoebus, que c'est Phoebus que j'aime, que c'est Phoebus qui est beau! Toi, pretre, tu es vieux! Tu es laid!
( La Esmeralda)

Que vous ai je fait?
(La Esmeralda)

Utilizatori care citesc acest subiect:
1 Vizitator(i)