Nu ești un membru încă? Înregistrează-te acum!
Creează un cont nou  

Citate memorabile

08-04-2011 12:46 AM - come on, i need to new-post.

Focul rece, Alexei Rudeanu

Dar despre asta sa nu vorbim! Nu fiindca eu as fi spanzuratul si ne-am apuca sa trancanim despre funie in casa mea.

Singura carte de vizita pe care merita s-o primesti din mana unei necunoscute sau a unui necunoscut, ar trebui sa fie copilaria.

-Nu-mi place sa car valize. Mai bine saci.
- Totuna e. Ambalajul nu conteaza.

- mi-a placut intreaga "teorie" redata acolo, lol, despre sacii aia plini cu... viata si activitatile de pe parcursul vietii si... well, sacii reprezentau, de fapt, "trecutul" which was so friggin' cool. I liked the idea.

In ziua in care mi-a scris "Iti doresc sanatate" - aveam 31 de saci si-l umpleam pe al 32-lea. Mai mult de un sac pe an nu izbutisem sa-mi agonisesc. In al 32-lea trebuie sa marturisesc ca era o dezordine de nedescris: intrase Greierele in el si nu statea locului toata noaptea. Cum sacii mi-i tin sub pat, va dati seama ca auzeam perfect orice fosnet.

- Contractez o casa pe strada Petre Moruzzi.
- Daca stiam, nu-ti semnam. Mi s-a parut ca esti normal.

Daca as spune ca aratam tot atat de preocupati ca unii care cautau potcoave de cai morti - ar fi ca si cum nu as spune nimic.

( ... ) nimic nu exista mai bun decat si scrii o carte cand vrei sa scapi de propria-ti mizerie.

Regina damnatilor : Anne Rice.

Vampirul Lestat: Asta e, ce sa fac: sunt un monstru chipes.

Adevarul e ca numai sufletul omenesc este in stare sa tinda spre perfectiune peste secole, doar oamenii invata din faptele trecutului cum sa iubeasca si cum sa ierte.

Vampirul Lestat: Iar eu sunt tot diavolul de atunci, tanarul care se doreste in luminile rampei, unde sa fiu vazut cat mai bine, poate si indragit. Una nu-mi e destul fara cealalta. Iar eu tin atat de mult sa amuz, sa incant, sa fac asa, incat sa mi se ierte toate pacatele...

Interviu cu un Vampir : Anne Rice.

Ce inseamna sa mori cand poti trai pana la sfarsitul lumii? Si ce altceva este "sfarsitul lumii" decat o expresie, pentru ca, cine stie macar ce e lumea insasi?

Esti ca un adult care, privind spre copilarie, isi da seama ca n-a apreciat-o niciodata. Nu poti, ca barbat, sa te intorci la gradinita ca sa te joci si sa ceri dragoste si grija numai pentru ca acum le cunosti valoarea.

Mintea imi spunea: "dormi". Dar si mai profund, imi spunea: "viseaza".

Abia cand am devenit vampir am respectat pentru prima oara tot ce inseamna viata. Pana atunci nu vazusem nici o fiinta omeneasca vie, pulsand; n-am stiut ce e viata decat cand aceasta a tasnit ca un suvoi pe buzele si mainile mele!

xoxo

[Imagine: tumblr_lvu3z0OC361qkx1cbo1_500_large.gif]
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Piranhas-Harold Robbins

[...]Dar nici unul dintre noi nu l-a prins inainte ca el sa-si goleasca arma in sicriu; dupa a ramas acolo strigand: "O singura moarte nu-i de ajuns pentru tradatori.

[...]
-Nu doriti sa-l ducem inapoi si sa-l curatam? a intrebat unul dintre ei.
-Nu,i-am raspuns. Ne ducem direct la cimitir.
-Dar arata cumplit, a protestat el.
-Nu mai conteaza, acum, am spus. Sunt sigura ca Dumnezeu va recunoaste figura.

My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands-Chelsea Handler

"At some point during almost every romantic comedy, the female lead suddenly trips and falls, stumbling helplessly over something ridiculous like a leaf, and then some Matthew McConaughey type either whips around the corner just in the nick of time to save her or is clumsily pulled down along with her. That event predictably leads to the magical moment of their first kiss. Please. I fall ALL the time. You know who comes and gets me? The bouncer."

"My mother told me that life isn't always about pleasing yourself and that sometimes you have to do things for the sole benefit of another human being. I completely agreed with her, but reminded her that that was what blow jobs were for."

"Have you ever experienced a pain so sharp in your heart that it's all you can do to take a breath? It's a pain you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy; you wouldn't want to pass it on to anyone else for fear he or she might not be able to bear it. It's the pain of being betrayed by a person with whom you've fallen in love. It's not as serious as death, but it feels a whole lot like it, and as I've come to learn, pain is pain any way you slice it."

"He was all emotion all the time, constantly talking about his feelings and his profound love for her. He was minutes from getting his first period. He wrote poems too. It's my personal belief that if men are writing poems, they're making up for something else like a big hair back, or one ball. Not that one ball is a bad thing. Especially since I don't know any females who are dying to their their hands on a set of balls. The way I see it, the less balls, the better."
Strangers have the best candies
[Imagine: 9B19F2F8D024899728F06BF94F09CF3B.gif]
Out of my mind...back in 5 minutes.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I move my feet, turn away from her, try to pretend she's not there, which is the biggest like I've ever not laughed at.

It does. And if I left, you'd probably want to give me my jacket back. And if you did, I wouldn't be able to put it on because the whole time I'd be knowing how perfectly it fit on you. How even thought the sleeves are ridiculously too long and the colar is all fucked up and for all I know some guy named Salvatore is going to come in this very club in two minutes and say, 'Hey, that is my jacket' and strike up a conversation and sweep you off you feet away from me - even though all those things are true or possibly true, I just can't ruin the picture of you sitting there across from me wearing my jacket better than anyone else ever could. If I don't owe it to you and I don't owe it to me, I at least owe it to Salvatore.

I look up and it's funny. Because I swear it's Tris standing over me, looking sympathetic. It's like being on one of those TV shows where the deaf mother comes back every once in a while to talk. Impossible, but right when you'll most expect her.

Other bands, it's about sex. Or pain. Or some fantasy. But The Beatles , they know what they were doing. You know the reason The Beatles made it so big?
'What?'
I Wanna Hold Your Hand', First Single. Fucking brilliant. Perhaps, the most fucking brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That's what everyone wants. Not 24-7 hit we sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche or a blow job or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand.

Carlos Ruiz Zafen - The Shadow of the wind Umbra vantului
Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.
*fave quote ever <3*

Karen Marie Moning - Dreamfever
- So how did he look at me?
- Like it was his birthday and you were the cake.

John Green - Looking for Alaska
I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not f**k, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane.
^ this is just utterly beautiful and leaves me speechless :X
Love me or hate me. Either way I'm on your mind.

Swoon- Nina Malkin

"The best listeners listen between the lines."
"You are my life, but you are not my purpose."
"I took Sin on faith, but if faith were money, fools would be billionaires."

Ah, si desi Teh a mentionat deja cateva, nu ma pot abtine...avand in vedere ca am uitat de una din putinele carti cu un stil uber catchy, mai ales din punct de vedere al replicilor.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist- Rachel Cohn, David Levithan

"Because the song is us and the song is her and this time I'm going to use her name. Norah, Norah, Norah - no rhymes really. Just truth.
I shouldn't want the song to end. I always think of each night as a song. Or each moment as a song. But now I'm seeing we don't live in a single song. We move from song to song, from lyric to lyric, from chord to chord. There is no ending here. It's an infinite playlist."
"There's no such thing as ready," she says. "There's only willing."
"Wold domination is exhausting and cliche. People ought to just focus on being individual responsible citizens of the earth instead of assholes."
"When is a night over? Is it the start of sunrise or the end of it? Is it when you finally go to sleep or simply realize that you have to? When the club closes or when you everyone leaves?
"It's over when you decide it's over," she says. "When you call it a night. The rest is just a matter of where the sun is in the sky."

Beastly, Alex Flinn

I almost believed it. She was right. I should be nicer. I didn't know why I was mean and cruel
sometimes. Sometimes I'd told myself I'd be nicer to people. But always, in an hour or so, I forgot it, because it felt good to be on top of them all. Maybe a psychologist, one of those guys on TV, would say I did it to feel important, because my parents didn't pay attention to me or something. But that wasn't it, not really. It was just, like, sometimes I couldn't help it.

BeastNYC:How do you know there aren't lots of fish and birds and spiders out there who got
transformed and *never* came back?
SilentMaid:I'm sure there are no fish. I'd know about it.

SilentMaid:It's love on my side, Beast.
Grizzlyguy:<- doesn't think Silent should risk it.
BeastNYC:<- doesn't believe in love.

I got what she meant. The rose. The rose corsage I'd given to that nerdy girl at the dance. I'd only given it to her because I didn't know what else to do with it. Did that count? Was that the only nice thing I'd ever done for anyone? If so, it was pretty lame.

"You don't believe anyone could love you if you're not beautiful? "
"I don't believe anyone could love a monster."
The witch smiled. "Would you rather be a three-headed winged snake? A creature with the beak of an eagle, the legs of a horse, and the humps of a camel? A lion, perhaps, or a buffalo? Hey, at least you can walk upright."
"I want to be like I was."
"Then you'll have to hope to find someone better than yourself and that you are able to win her love with your goodness."
I laughed. "Yeah, goodness. Girls really think goodness is hot."

Look, this has been real fun. Now change me back or whatever you did. This isn't a fairy
tales'it'sNew York City
"Could I go to a blind school?
"What planet do you live on? " I shouted. "Because it's definitely not Earth. I don't know anyone kind, Dr. Endecott. And what's more, I don't want to know anyone like that. They sound like losers. I don't have some little problem. I'm not in a wheelchair. I'm a complete and total freak.

"But that's the problem, Doc. I'm no genius. I'm just a guy."

The few weeks with the doctors was the most time we'd spent together in … well, ever. But I'd known it wouldn't last. I was back to my former life of only seeing Dad on television. I hadn't cared before, when I had a life. But now I had nothing and no one.

I glanced at the title.
Jane Eyre, it was called. I was bored enough at that point that I thought maybe I'd read it someday.
Or, more like it, I could have seen a camp shower room full of naked girls—okay, I did do that.

I could be a superhero except that if I ever tried to save someone from a burning building, they'd take one look at my face and run screaming into the flames."

Could I be getting smarter to compensate for my hideousness?

"That's the same as saying no. I can never break the spell."
"Do you want to? "
"No. I want to be a freak all my life

"Then where's my dress? "
I look away. "In my room, under my mattress."
She gives me a funny look. "Why would it be there? Were you wearing it? Is that why you don't want
me to wear it? "

A dirty Job
Christopher Moore

"Charlie Asher: I accidently shagged a monk last night.
Minty Fresh: Sometimes, in times of crisis, that shit cannot be avoided."

"Jane Asher: Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry, you can't have a baby brother, because that would mean that Daddy had sex, and that's never going to happen again."

"Charlie had Sophie strapped to his chest like a terrorist baby bomb when he came down the back steps. She had just gotten to the point where she could hold up her head, so he had strapped her in face-out so she could look around. The way her arms and legs waved around as Charlie walked, she looked as if she was skydiving and using a skinny nerd as a parachute."

"Everyone is happier if they have someone else to look down on, as well as someone to look up to, especially if they resent both."

"And it's not like there's a moaning Teletubby on the other end of it."

Sourcery
Terry Pratchett

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile? "
Death thought about it.
CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE."

"And what would humans be without love? "
"Rare," said Death."

"It is a well-known established fact throughout the many-dimensional worlds of the multiverse that most really great discoveries are owed to one brief moment of inspiration. There's a lot of spadework first, of course, but what clinches the whole thing is the sight of, say, a falling apple or a boiling kettle or the water slipping over the edge of the bath. Something goes click inside the observer's head and then everything falls into place. The shape of DNA, it is popularly said, owes its discovery to the chance sight of a spiral staircase when the scientist's mind was just at the right receptive temperature. Had he used the elevator, the whole science of genetics might have been a good deal different.

This is thought of as somehow wonderful. It isn't. It is tragic. Little particles of inspiration sleet through the universe all the time traveling through the densest matter in the same way that a neutrino passes through a candyfloss haystack, and most of them miss.

Even worse, most of the ones that hit the exact cerebral target, hit the wrong one.

For example, the weird dream about a lead doughnut on a mile-high gantry, which in the right mind would have been the catalyst for the invention of repressed-gravitational electricity generation (a cheap and inexhaustible and totally non-polluting form of power which the world in question had been seeking for centuries, and for the lack of which it was plunged into a terrible and pointless war) was in fact had by a small and bewildered duck. [...]"

I'll post some more later, as soon as I find the highlights in the books.
[Imagine: sigforme.png]

probabil n-ai primit niciodata
telegramele mele sau poate
nu credeai ca e vital cand
lumea mea se descompunea
in ceasuri si goluri
de mine

au imbatranit in cadente
si sentimentele mele
sub greutatea
atator vieti netraite...

Clicky

13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson

"œShe was standing in the airport of Copenhagen, staring at a doorway, trying to figure out if it was (a) a bathroom and (b) what kind of bathroom it was. The door merely said H.
Was she an H? Was H "hers"? It could just as easily be "his". Or "Helicopter Room: Not a Bathroom at All"

"Go see old virgins! Now ask a strange boy out, you shy, Retarded thing!"

"Why Paris? Paris doesn't need a reason. Paris is its own reason."

The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson

"I understand that some people find God after misfortune, although this seems to me even more ridiculous than finding Him in good times. 'God smote me. He must love me.' It's like not wanting a romantic relationship until a member of the opposite sex punches you in the face. My 'miraculous survival' will not change my opinion that Heaven is an idea constructed by man to help him cope with the fact that life on earth is both brutally short, and paradoxically, far too long. "
"You'll swoop from incredible highs when you're just glad to be alive, to those lows when you wish you were dead. And just when you start thinking that you've accepted who you are, that changes, too. Because who you are is not permanent"

"There I lay, wearing dead people as armor against death."
"Only a man unable to handle the actual world would create another one in which to hide."

Reaper Man
Terry Pratchett

'Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go, which is the way Nature intended. And this is all very natural and organic and in tune with mysterious cycles of the cosmos, which believes that there's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone.'

I know it's short but just had to write it down.

[Imagine: sigforme.png]

probabil n-ai primit niciodata
telegramele mele sau poate
nu credeai ca e vital cand
lumea mea se descompunea
in ceasuri si goluri
de mine

au imbatranit in cadente
si sentimentele mele
sub greutatea
atator vieti netraite...

Clicky